Offers support for pregnant teens and women with low incomes to prevent low birth weight, promote prevention of injuries and promote maternal mental health by low social isolation and making connections with community supports
Provides information and support to pregnant females, which includes:
- one-to-one and group support
- facilitated discussions of prenatal, postnatal, parenting and nutrition topics
- referrals to community support agencies, if needed
- food coupons, bus tickets, and referrals for food hampers, if needed
- dental referrals and family planning counselling, if needed
- childcare at group sessions with Preschool curriculum
Cochrane Parent Link Centre
Cochrane Prenatal Health Group
127 First Avenue
403-228-8221 (To register)
Hours of Operation
2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Service Providers May Include
dietitians, first language multicultural workers, registered nurses (RNs), social workers
Pregnant women with a low income or pregnant teens.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Self referral or other community agency may refer.
Calgary Interfaith Food Bank; Calgary Urban Project Society (CUPS); Immigrant Services Calgary; Neighbour-Link Care Connect; Women in Need Society