Emergency / Disaster Management
Provides emergency planning and preparedness including coordinating emergency plans, contingencies for major events (e.g., natural disasters, disease outbreaks, mass casualties, labour disruption), and pandemic planning.
Coordinates the development, promotion, and maintenance of an emergency and disaster response program by:
- assessing emergency and disaster response preparedness
- identifying opportunities for mitigating risks associated with potential disasters/emergency situations
- developing and/or coordinating the development of plan implementation strategies
- developing training strategies for managers and staff in all service areas
- leading the design, implementation, and reporting of disaster and emergency exercises
- maintaining existing plans through reviews, updates, and revisions that reflect organizational and community growth and change
- acting as a resource in the development of disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- facilitating the development of working relationships and agreements with federal, provincial, municipal, and non-government agencies in the area of emergency management
Personal and family disaster resources are available from our webpage.
This service coordinates Alberta Health Service emergency/disaster response and does not interact directly with the public.