Safeworks Harm Reduction Program
Provides care, treatment, and support for people with a history of drug use in the community.
Overall services include:
- injection supplies and safer injecting information
- safer sex supplies and information
- testing and counselling for HIV, Hepatitis (A, B, C)
- testing, counselling and treatment for syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia
- point of Care Rapid HIV Testing (result in minutes)
- vaccinations (Hepatitis A & B, pneumococcus, tetanus / diphtheria, influenza (flu)
- overdose prevention kits will be provided free-of-charge
- client counselling and support
- physical and mental health assessments with appropriate intervention and referrals to mainstream health and social services
- wound care
- harm Reduction presentations to community members and organizations
- supervised consumption services
See a Harm Reduction Registered Nurse at the following locations, for outreach services:
- STI testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, HIV and Hepatitis C
- pregnancy testing
- vaccines (Hepatitis A & B, influenza (flu), pneumococcus, diphtheria/tetanus)
- overdose prevention kits (Naloxone)
- support & referrals
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
Supervised consumption site located on main floor. Entrance off of 13th Avenue.
1213 4 Street SW
This facility is wheelchair accessible and has an elevator on site.
Patient pay parking
Hours of Operation
24 hour service
Service Providers May Include
outreach workers, registered nurses (RNs), social workers
Safeworks Outreach services are accessible at varying times / locations in Calgary.