The Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Clinic offers timely, age-appropriate gynecological care for children and adolescents in a family-centered facilities. Our commitment to excellence includes specialized services, education, research, innovation and translation of knowledge for patient and family awareness.
The clinic provides both diagnosis, treatment (medical and surgical) and education for children and adolescents with gynecologic concerns such as:
- vaginal bleeding pre-puberty
- amenorrhae (no periods)
- menstrual bleeding concerns
- dysmenorrhea (pain with periods)
- fertility preservation and long-term gynecologic follow up in the setting of gonadotoxic therapy
- complex contraception
- ovarian cysts
- gynecologic anomalies
- gender care requiring IUD insertion
- other gynecologic concerns
The clinic also offers IUD / nexplanon insertion and procedural IUD insertion in a trauma-informed setting. The clinic has access to multidisciplinary care with many other services through combined rounds to allow more flexible, efficient patient care.