Service Providers May Include
dietitians, doctors, licensed practical nurses (LPNs), nurse attendants (NAs), occupational therapists (OTs), physiatrists, physical therapists (PTs), psychologists, registered nurses (RNs), recreational therapists, social workers, speech-language pathologists (SLPs), therapy assistants (TAs)
The following criteria are used as a guideline for in-hospital rehabilitation care:
- physician transfer summar.
- a stable medical condition
- sufficient new learning skills
- requirement for two or more programs or services offered
- client willingness or motivation to participate
- clearly identified rehabilitation goals
- ability to improve function during the inpatient acute medical phase
- an achievable discharge plan
Doctor to send a physician transfer summary to one of the program's physiatrists. The client will be assessed at an outpatient clinic to determine their fitness for this program or an outpatient rehabilitation program.