Palliative Home Care
Provide comfort and enable care for adults with a life limiting illness or nearing the end of life and their families / caregivers in their homes.
We work with clients with a life limiting illness and those nearing end of life. A range of professional and personal care services are provided to support the person and family / caregiver.
- assess and coordinate care by Registered Nurse Case Managers
- create a plan of care that includes the client, family/caregivers, healthcare team and others
- anticipate needs and involve other health professionals to support or provide care (e.g. physical, emotional)
- plan and coordinate care for personal home support services (e.g. medication assistance)
- manage equipment needs to support the client to remain at home
- support transitions and planning for preferred place of care
- enable discussions around end of life decision making (e.g. goals of care, wishes and priorities)
Seventh Street Plaza
10030 107 Street
780-496-1300 (Community Care Access)
Elevators and automatic doors
Public transportation available
Hours of Operation
24 hour service
Service Providers May Include
health care aides, licensed practical nurses (LPNs), nurse practitioners (NPs), occupational therapists (OTs), registered nurses (RNs), registered respiratory therapists (RRTs), social workers
progressive life limiting illness or end of life
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Request for Palliative Home Care may be made by calling 780-496-1300. A family member, friend, neighbour, or health professional may call on the person's behalf. A referral from a physician or nurse practitioner is not required.
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.