Provides treatment for people with hand injuries or problems.
Some injuries and conditions treated include:
- broken hands or wrists
- tendon repairs
- nerve repairs
- post-op Dupuytren’s management
- soft tissues injuries (e.g. dislocations, sprains)
- repetitive strain injuries (e.g. tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome)
- long-term problems (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis)
Occupational therapy services include:
- splinting after hand injuries (e.g. broken bones, tendon repairs, dislocation injuries)
- splinting for soft tissue or long-term problems (e.g. tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis)
- splinting to increase function
- scar management
- education about self-management of condition
Physical therapy services include:
- one-to-one hand therapy for stretching of stiff fingers and wrists
- teaching range of motion and strengthening exercises
- managing scars with massage and ultrasound
Misericordia Community Hospital
Basement Level Occupational Therapy & Physical Therapy Department
16940 87 Avenue
Public transportation is available on 87 Ave.
Hours of Operation
Occupational Therapy services are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.
Hand Physical Therapy services are available Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am until 1:30 pm.
Service Providers May Include
occupational therapists (OTs), physical therapists (PTs), therapy assistants (TAs)
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
There is a cost for splints. The splint must be paid for at the time of the appointment.