Community Perinatal Program
The program offers prenatal and maternity care to pregnant women who may be having trouble accessing regular prenatal care.
Offers prenatal care, labour and delivery, and postpartum care to pregnant women at risk due to:
- lack of medical access
- socio-economic issues
- language and cultural barriers
- poor nutrition
- substance abuse
- family violence
- prenatal visits
- prenatal education, hospital tours
- labour and birth with clinic doctors
- care for the first 6 weeks after delivery
- complete medical checks
- on-site laboratory services
- transportation support
- nutrition counselling
- help with housing, parenting, nutrition, addiction issues, and family violence
Service Providers May Include
doctors, registered nurses (RNs)
Pregnant women who have difficulty accessing regular prenatal care
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Call or drop in to one of the sites.