Home Care clients (with a valid Alberta Health Care Card) who live in a community setting are eligible to participate in our Adult Day Programs.
Those who live in supportive living, long term care, or are receiving funding from Persons with Developmental Disabilities are not able to attend the Adult Day Program.
Adult Day programs are appropriate for adults who are:
- Able to regularly attend and participate in the program
- Able to function appropriately in a group setting
- At risk of losing their ability to manage independently in the community but wish to continue to live at home (and can do so safely)
- With a history of increased health care utilization
- With stable medical conditions
- With signs and symptoms of cognitive impairment
- Whose caregiver is in need of respite