Provides service to children from a variety of pediatric surgery clinics, and to outpatients with a variety of medical conditions.
This service focuses on helping to restore physical function, movement, and mobility for children with movement disorders, pain, trauma, chronic disease, and developmental issues.
Using a family-centered care model, this service:
- assesses the child
- develops therapeutic goals
- provides customized treatment plans
- offers information and education on how to maintain mobility, function, and to prevent injury
Conditions that are seen include:
- post-surgical patients
- nerve injuries
- muscle and tendon repairs
- musculoskeletal injuries
- complex regional pain syndrome
- congenital anomalies
- developmental delay
- chronic disease