Provides consultation, assessment, treatment, follow-up, and education for children with suspected or known diseases of the nervous system as well as children with disorders of the brain and spinal cord. Subspecialty clinic: Pediatric Headshape clinic provides assessment and treatment for infants with headshape anomalies that may potentially require surgical interventions.
The Neurosurgery clinic provides consultation and assessment for suspected or known diseases of the nervous system. The program also has a neurosurgery clinic that provides treatment, follow-up, and education for children with may need surgery for disorders of the brain, spinal cord, or nervous system.
The conditions include:
- congenital malformations (e.g., spina bifida or hydrocephalus)
- seizure disorder (e.g., epilepsy)
- spasticity (e.g., cerebral palsy)
- deformities and abnormal growth of the skull (e.g., cranial synostosis)
- trauma to the head and spinal cord
- tumours of the brain, spinal cord or nerves (cancer and non-cancer)
- stroke or bleeding into the brain, and other brain injuries
Subspecialty clinic: Pediatric Head Shape Clinic which provides assessment and treatment for infants with head shape anomalies that may potentially require surgical interventions. A full assessment of your child's head shape is conducted and a personalized treatment plan is developed. Assessment and treatments in this clinic is independently performed by a Registered Nurse in collaboration with the Nurse Practitioner for Neurosurgery.