Assesses and manages typically developing children aged 0 - 17 years with feeding and swallowing issues due to a medical condition.
Stollery Pediatric Outpatient Feeding and Swallowing Clinic provides services to typically developing children aged 0-17 years with feeding and swallowing issues associated with structural and motor disorders affecting the mouth, throat, airway, and digestive system and/or suspected aspiration.
Problems may include:
- Trouble coordinating swallowing with breathing
- Congestion during and/or after feeding
- Changes in colour or state during feeding
- Weight loss; choking; coughing
- Gagging during meals
- Frequent or lengthy colds / congestion or refusing food
* Please note: communication difficulties due to a complex medical condition are followed by specialized clinics at the Stollery Children's Hospital (e.g., Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic, Tracheotomy Clinic, or Oncology Clinic) which include an interdisciplinary approach to care.