Back to search

Programs & Services

Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing - Outpatient Services

Assesses and manages typically developing children aged 0 - 17 years with feeding and swallowing issues due to a medical condition.

Stollery Pediatric Outpatient Feeding and Swallowing Clinic provides services to typically developing children aged 0-17 years with feeding and swallowing issues associated with structural and motor disorders affecting the mouth, throat, airway, and digestive system and/or suspected aspiration.

Problems may include:

  • Trouble coordinating swallowing with breathing
  • Congestion during and/or after feeding
  • Changes in colour or state during feeding
  • Weight loss; choking; coughing
  • Gagging during meals
  • Frequent or lengthy colds / congestion or refusing food 


* Please note: communication difficulties due to a complex medical condition are followed by specialized clinics at the Stollery Children's Hospital (e.g., Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic, Tracheotomy Clinic, or Oncology Clinic) which include an interdisciplinary approach to care.

Contact Details

Stollery Children's Hospital

Location Info
Unit 1G1.11, Speech and Audiology
8440 112 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T6G 2B7
Getting There

Parking and Public transportation available.


Hours of Operation
Days of the Week

8:00 am - 4:15 pm

8:00 am - 4:15 pm

8:00 am - 4:15 pm

8:00 am - 4:15 pm

8:00 am - 4:15 pm


Closed weekends and holidays.

Service Providers May Include
speech-language pathologists (SLPs), speech-language pathology assistants (SLPAs)

Service is targeted to:

  • Children from 0 to 17 years with feeding and/or swallowing problems as a result of a medical condition.
Referral Needed

A physician referral is required.

Service Access

Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.

Service Languages
Interpreter/Translation services