Mothers and infants experiencing challenges with breastfeeding.
Offers care for mothers and babies who are having breastfeeding issues due to:
- baby with poor weight gain
- premature babies
- mothers and/or babies with special needs
- mother has nipple and/or breast pain
- milk supply concerns
- mother on medicine while breastfeeding
Mothers and babies are seen by a nurse-lactation consultant at each visit. Care may include:
- assessment of breastfeeding concerns
- examination of mother and baby
- review of normal baby feeding and behavior patterns
- treatment recommendations
Letters may be sent to doctor and local health units to ensure continuity of care
Follow-up appointments are made as needed.