Pulmonary Function Testing
This site provides a full range of breathing tests for both inpatients and outpatients to assess, diagnose, treat and follow people with lung conditions.
- spirometry (pre and post bronchodilator)
- lung subdivisions
- respiratory challenge tests (provocholine)
- ABGs (arterial blood gases)
- asthma/COPD education
- smoking cessation councelling (NRT)
- preliminary 6 minute walk test
- respiratory medication education
Service Providers May Include
certified respiratory educators (CRE), certified tobacco educators(CTE), registered respiratory therapists (RRTs)
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
All testing and education sessions will need a Physician order to provide proper contact in case of medication and/or practice questions..
Also Known As
Breathing Tests, Lung Functions