Emergency Medical Services
Provides ambulance response for emergency 911 requests in the community and inter-facility ground and air ambulance transport between healthcare facilities.
Provides emergency medical services (EMS) through a combination of AHS staff, contracts with municipalities, and contracts with private providers. Services include:
- receives requests for service from municipal 911 centres and dispatching the closest, most appropriate staff
- responds to requests for service with trained staff including paramedics, emergency medical technicians, and emergency medical responders
- provides care and treatment to sick and injured people in the community, which is guided by medically approved protocols
- transports people to an appropriate medical facility
- coordinates and completes the transfer of patients between healthcare facilities using ground and air ambulance resources
- other community healthcare activities including care in health facilities, prevention and education, care in the community, and home care
Service Providers May Include
emergency communication officers, emergency medical responders, emergency medical technicians, paramedics
Fees vary - please contact for details.