The Rehabilitation Advice Line (1-833-379-0563) is a telephone service which is open Monday to Friday service which provides free rehabilitation advice and general health information for Albertans.
The service provides information on:
- Activities and exercises that help with physical concerns
- Strategies to manage the day-to-day activities affected by these concerns
- Rehabilitation services that are open for in-person and/or virtual visits
- Advise if you may be eligible for a funded physiotherapy assessment if you meet the low income criteria
- Community-based organizations
The Rehabilitation Advice Line cannot:
- Book and manage your physiotherapy appoinments
- Book physiotherapy assessments for fractures, orthopedic surgeries or joint replacements that occurred within the last 12 weeks. (Book an assessment with a contracted clinic nearest to you.)
Low income criteria:
You may be eligible for funded physiotherapy assessment if you are currently receiving income from:
- Alberta Adult and/or Child Health Benefit
- Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
- Alberta Seniors Dental & Optical Assistance Program
- Alberta Works Income Support
- Alberta Seniors Benefit
- Federal Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) for Seniors
- Special Needs Assistance for Seniors (Alberta).
You may be eligible based on your Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment and family size. Talk to a contracted physiotherapy clinic about your eligibility. View also Low Income Cutoff Information.
Please be prepared to provide:
- Yours and your spouse/common law partner’s most recent Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada. You would have received a copy of this following your annual tax return.
- The number of members in your family (family size). This includes yourself, spouse/common-law partner and any child living with you who is under the age of 18 or is financially dependent due to a physical or mental condition.
For concerns unrelated to rehabilitation, please call:
- Your physician, pharmacist about medication questions
- 811 or physician about significant pain, or regarding worsening symptoms