Supervised Consumption Service
Service provides a clean, safe, and non - judgmental space to use drugs.
- a clean, safe, and non - judgmental space for people to use drugs, under the medical supervision of staff trained in overdose response
- medical interventions by trained health professionals in the event of opioid / stimulant overdoses, including oxygen and naloxone administration
- sterile / clean harm reduction supplies
- needle drop - off box
- education on a variety of harm reduction topics, such as vein care, safer injection techniques, and hepatitis / human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention
- take - home naloxone kits and training
Access to the following only for those using the site:
- client advocacy and referrals to health and social services
- basic wound care and health services
Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
1213 4 Street SW
403-955-3380, 403-801-4453 (Outreach Nurse)
This facility is wheelchair accessible and has an elevator on site.
Patient pay parking
Hours of Operation
24 hour service
Service Providers May Include
harm reduction support workers, nurses, social workers, staff with lived experiences such as homelessness and drug use
Service targeted to:
- 16 years and older
- who are willing to respect staff and rules of service
No referrals required and all walk-in's are welcome.
Partnered with Boyle McCauley Health Centre, Boyle Street Community Services, and George Spady Society.
Also Known As
Supervised Consumption Sites
Safe Injection Sites