Medication & Herbal Advice Line offers free and confidential telephone advice to the public and health care professionals. A pharmacist or nurse who specializes in medications, both prescription and herbal will provide you with the most up-to-date information to ensure your safety.
We provide advice about:
- Side effects or drug interactions of medications
- Using medications and herbal supplements while pregnant or breast feeding
- Herbal supplement safety
- When you want to receive unbiased information
- When you want to validate information you have read or heard
- When you are not able to get in touch with your doctor
- When you are interested in learning about alternate treatment options
What to expect when you call:
An Information Specialist will provide information on:
- Prescription medications
- Over the counter medications
- Vitamins and supplements
- Birth control pills
- Herbal cleanses
Vist the PADIS website for information on the Poison & Drug Information Service.
Effective July 26th, 2021: Medication & Herbal Advice Line is temporarily closed and will be reopening on October 1st at their regular hours. If you have any health concerns about you or child, either call Health link by dialing 811 to talk to a registered nurse or talk to your pharmacist.