A Division of Integrated Home Care, this clinic provides wound care management for acute and complex chronic wounds.
Services are provided for the following:
- diabetes (diabetic) - acute wound management with follow-up
- care planning with consultation for chronic complex diabetic wounds
- gait and footwear for clients who experience a wound as a result of neuropathy and walking
- gait assessment for clients with associated plantar foot wounds
- biomechanical assessment to determine pressure sources for wound
- referral with assessment for custom made footwear according to Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) guidelines for those clients with associated wounds
- wound care and prevention
- multi-disciplinary team - assess, manages and treats acute and complex chronic wounds
- assume care for client with acute and/or complex chronic wounds in partnership with physicians and surgeons or on a consultative basis
- Adjunctive Therapies such as Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT), Ultrasound and E-Stim for the alternative means of treating wounds
Service Providers May Include
doctors, occupational therapists (OTs), orthotists, physical therapists (PTs), registered nurses (RNs)
Clients receiving Home Care services in the Calgary zone with complex chronic wounds.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Clients have to pay for dressing supplies. If client eligible for the shoe program or compression hosiery through AADL, the client cost share is 25% of the total amount.