Wound Clinic - Integrated Home Care Program
A Division of Integrated Home Care, this specialty wound clinic provides consultation for wound care management for acute and complex chronic wounds.
Services are provided for the following:
- diabetes (diabetic) - acute wound management with follow-up
- care planning with consultation for chronic complex diabetic wounds
- gait and footwear for clients who experience a wound as a result of neuropathy and walking
- gait assessment for clients with associated plantar foot wounds
- biomechanical assessment to determine pressure sources for wound
- referral with assessment for custom made footwear according to Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) guidelines for those clients with associated wounds
- wound care and prevention
- multi-disciplinary team - assess, manages and treats acute and complex chronic wounds
- assume care for client with acute and/or complex chronic wounds in partnership with physicians and surgeons or on a consultative basis
- Adjunctive Therapies such as Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT), Ultrasound, E-Stim and Total Contact Casting (TCC) for the alternative means of treating wounds
- provide drop-in wound care support for homeless and / or marginalized clients
Service Providers May Include
dieticians, doctors, licensed practical nurses (LPNs), occupational therapists (OTs), orthotists, physical therapists (PTs), registered nurses (RNs)
Clients receiving Home Care services in the Calgary zone with complex chronic wounds.
Physician or nurse practitioner referral not required. Clients must have a most responsible practitioner (MRP) such as physician or nurse practioner.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Clients have to pay for:
- dressing supplies
- if client eligible for the shoe program or compression hosiery through AADL, the client cost share is 25% of the total amount
- fee for parking
Also Known As
Integrated Home Care Wound Clinic, Sheldon Chumir Wound Clinic, Wound Centre
Sheldon M. Chumir Wound Clinic, Integrated Home Care Program