Mood, Anxiety & Psychosis Service - Child and Adolescent Addiction and Mental Health Specialized Services
Provides services to children and adolescents with moderate to severe mood or anxiety disorders, and to children and adolescents with psychosis, who are not responding well to other treatments.
Mood and Anxiety Services (children 0-18 years of age):
- multi-disciplinary team assessment
- short term treatment (medication management, parent coaching, and individual/family and/or group therapy as required)
- psycho-education on mood and anxiety disorders
Psychosis Services (children age 14 and under):
- psychiatric assessment
- medication management
- psycho-education on psychosis
- consultation for schools
- discipline assessments as required (psychology, occupational therapy)
- facilitate access to appropriate community resources
Service Providers May Include
family counselors, psychiatrists, psychologists, registered nurses (RNs), social workers
Parent(s)/legal guardian must regularly participate in family therapy and agree to medication management, individual therapy and education sessions.
Mood and Anxiety Stream
- younger then 18 years old
- diagnosis of anxiety and/or mood disorder
- receiving comprehensive treatment and is not responding
- unmanaged and/or untreated ADHD(Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
- disruptive, impulse-control, eating and conduct disorders
- selective mutism
- medically unstable
- 14 years old or younger
- diagnosis of psychotic disorder
- not medically stable
- cannot be managed on an outpatient basis
You need to be referred through Access Mental Health.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Contact Access Mental Health to arrange for a referral.