Provides comprehensive outreach services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness who experience difficulty engaging in less intensive addiction and mental health outpatient or community services.
In the Calgary Zone, ACT (Active Community Treatment) operates out of the Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre. They provide support during business hours, Monday to Friday.
The teams provide comprehensive services including outreach to adults with severe and persistent mental illness who are struggling to engage in less intensive addiction and mental health outpatient or community services. ACT offers a strengths-based and holistic approach to promote optimal wellness and recovery to people with challenges related to a primary diagnosis of schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder, and other psychotic disorders who may have concurrent substance use. ACT advocates and supports access to individualized care.
Services offered by a multidisciplinary team in a person's community and may include:
- harm reduction approach to care
- liaison with family and community services
- support with medication management and CTO monitoring
- advocating and connection to housing, medical needs, legal and financial services
- access to psychosocial, recreational programming, psycho-educational, and peer support services