Conservative Management Care - Alberta Kidney Care - South
This program is for patients who have decided they would prefer not to include dialysis as a part of their treatment plan.
The conservative management program is for patients who decide they would prefer not to include dialysis as a part of their treatment plan. The program utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to:
- prevent and treat any symptoms or complications of end stage chronic kidney disease
- preserve current kidney function and delay further progression to end stage kidney disease
- provide supportive holistic care when needed
- help the patient and family members plan for the future and end of life
- increase access to supportive care in the community
Service Providers May Include
dietitians, nephrologists, nurse clinicians, pharmacists, social workers
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.