AHS Information & Privacy provides privacy education and training to AHS employees and other affiliates.
For AHS Affiliates
In order to gain access to the AHS network, affiliates of AHS must complete mandatory privacy training.
- Watch the Information & Privacy and IT Security & Awareness video
- Complete the online learning module
- Submit the signed Confidentiality and User Agreement on the last page of the module to your supervisor, Zone Medical Affairs Office, Educational Institution Liaison or repository owner
Information & Privacy and IT Security & Compliance Awareness Video
This awareness video highlights key messages related to both Information Privacy and IT Security & Compliance. While the message is serious, the video uses humour to demonstrate the important responsibilities you have around Information Privacy and IT Security & Compliance.
The following awareness module highlights key messages related to both Information Privacy and IT Security & Compliance.
If you have any questions about the messages or about your responsibilities, please contact Information & Privacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-476-9874.
AHS Confidentiality and User Agreement
After you have completed the learning module, you will be prompted to fill out an AHS Confidentiality and User Agreement. You must submit this certificate to one of the following:
- Medical Staff, Medical Students, Residents submit to the Zone Medical Office
- Volunteers submit to your Volunteer Resources Coordinator
- Researcher submit to the Repository Owner that you signed your Research Agreement with
Student or Educator submit to your Educational Institution Liaison
- Board Members submit to the Board Office
- Midwives submit to the Provincial Midwifery Administrative Office (PMAO)
- Contracted Affiliates or Subsidiaries submit to your manager/supervisor for submission. Managers and supervisors of contracted affiliates or subsidiaries are to manage the agreements as identified in the contract. If you are uncertain please contact your contract holder or signatory for clarification.
AHS Employees are to complete the training on myLearning Link on Insite and sign the AHS Confidentiality and User Agreement, then submit the agreement to their manager.
- Overview of Alberta’s Health Information Act, including individual’s right of access, collection, use, disclosure, retention and disposal of health information. Approximately 60 minutes in length
- Target audience is all AHS clinical & clinical support services that work with health information in their job duties including volunteers, students, physicians and contracted agents
- Course is available via online delivery
- Non-AHS employees
- AHS Employees
- AHS employees should access the HIA Awareness training on myLearning Link on the internal site.
- Detailed discussion and review of Alberta’s Health Information Act, including department standards and guidelines related to an individual’s right of access, collection, use, disclosure, retention and disposal of health information. Approximately 4 hours in length
- Target audience is all AHS team leads, frontline supervisors, managers, directors, medical directors/officers and executives overseeing departments that work with health information as a part of the services their program offers.
- Customized to AHS organizational services to ensure consistency when provincial services are being reviewed and established (e.g. Mental Health & Addictions, EMS, Researchers, Lab Services)
- Maximum class size of 25 participants and occurs in a face to face classroom setting at the expense of the program requesting.
- Overview of Alberta’s Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act, including an right of access, collection, use, disclosure, retention and disposal of personal or AHS Corporate information.
- Approximately 60 minutes in length
- Target audience To Be Determined
- Class size still under development and may occur via telehealth, Web Ex or face-to-face at the request of the requesting program.
© Alberta Health Services 2011
All rights reserved in relation to this training material. Without limitation to the foregoing reservation of copyright, this training material shall not in whole or in part be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise) without the prior written permission of Alberta Health Services. For requests and enquiries regarding the use and availability of this material, please contact Alberta Health Services Information and Privacy Department at 1-877-476-9874 or email@example.com.
Notice of Liability:
Alberta Health Services provides this training material on an “as-is, where-is” basis, and hereby expressly disclaims any other representation or warranty, express or implied, oral or written, statutory or otherwise, including without limitation, warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, implied warranties, and warranties of non-infringement or merchantability. Alberta Health Services has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information included in this training material. However, Alberta Health Services expressly disclaims all liability for the use of this training material and for any claims, actions, demands or suits arising from such use.