Apple and Peach Crisp
This delicious dessert is packed with fruit. Canada’s Food Guide recommends 7–10 servings of Vegetables and Fruit each day. This recipe is fast and easy, and provides 1 serving of Vegetables and Fruit!
4 large Apples, washed and sliced 4 large
1 – 14 ounce can No sugar added sliced peaches, drained 1 – 398 mL can
¼ cup Granulated sugar 60 mL
2 Tbsp Flour 30 mL
1 tsp Cinnamon 5 mL
1 cup Quick cooking rolled oats 250 mL
¼ cup Brown sugar, packed 60 mL
¼ cup Soft non-hydrogenated margarine 60 mL
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl combine apples, peaches, granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon.
3. Toss until all fruit pieces are coated with flour mixture.
4. Spread fruit mixture into a greased baking pan.
5. In a medium bowl mix rolled oats with sugar.
6. Add the margarine and mix with your fingers until crumbly.
7. Sprinkle oat mixture over the fruit.
8. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until fruit are tender.
9. Can be served warm or cold.
Makes 8 servings (175 mL/ ¾ cup/ 188 g)
Per Serving: 250 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 85 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein, 5 g fibre.
For more recipes, see Inspiring Healthy Eating at Healthyeatingstartshere.ca