Provides services for older adults who have complex health issues and want to remain living in their own homes. The goal of the program is to keep clients healthy, at home, and out of the hospital system.
Services may include:
- Medical monitoring and treatment by CHOICE physicians and nurses
- Medications dispensed by the CHOICE pharmacy
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Social Work (and Pastoral Care Services at a Good Samaritan location)
- Recreation and social activities
- Personal assistance with daily tasks, as needed
- Health and wellness education
This service offers several streams at different locations, including streams focused on:
- Main stream
- Mental Health
- Later-stage dementia
- Restorative care (e.g., shorter-term, goal-focused programming)
Once referred, you will be contacted by an AHS health professional to ask about your goals, determine with you which stream will best meet your needs, and coordinate your first day at the program.