Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Clinic
Provides assessment, diagnosis, testing and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections.
The Edmonton STI Clinic is currently seeing patients by appointment. At this time, the clinic is booking same day afternoon or next day morning appointments.
- patient intake (appointment booking) begins 9:00 AM Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday; 10:00 AM Tuesday
- routine testing may be provided, if appointment times are available
- self-collection testing is temporarily available
Urgent concerns are prioritized, which include:
- patients with a known STI and require treatment
- contact to a known STI and require testing / treatment
- symptoms of an STI
- care following a recent sexual assault
STI Clinic services provided:
- diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections in a non-judgmental and inclusive environment
- detailed syphilis diagnosis, treatment and follow up
- hepatitis A, B and HPV vaccine program for qualified individuals
- HIV, hepatitis A, B and C testing for qualified individuals
- emergency contraception
- counselling and client education
- contact tracing and partner notification
- testing and treatment provided in community to those unable to access other sites or providers
- harm reduction supply distribution (e.g. needles, condoms)
- referrals to other services
Appointment Types: When calling to make an appointment please have your Alberta Health Care Number ready. The STI Clinic offers a variety of different appointment types:
- Routine Screening / Check-Up: This visit type is recommended for individuals who are not experiencing symptoms of any kind. This visit type does not include a physical exam.
- Symptom Assessment: This visit type is recommended for individuals who would like to discsuss a specific issue with their care provider. Common symptoms include: discharge, pain/discomfort, or sores / rashes on the skin.
- Treatment only: This visit type is recommended for invididuals who have already received testing, and require treatment for a positive test result.
Service Providers May Include
licensed practical nurses (LPNs), registered nurses (RNs)
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Please phone the STI Clinic before coming in.
In the past 14 days, have you:
- developed a NEW fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath OR
- travelled outside Canada OR
- been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 OR
- had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has travelled anywhere outside of Canada
The Edmonton STI Clinic is able to accommodate patients requiring urgent care, who are experiencing signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Please advise staff if you are experiencing symptoms, or if you have been in contact with COVID-19 so that we can care for you safely.
Also Known As
Sexually Transmitted Disease Centre
Edmonton Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Clinic, STD Centre, STD Clinic, STI Center, STI Centre, Sexually Transmitted Disease