Offers confidential services to teenagers and young adults experiencing barriers to accessing birth control or other sexual health related services.
Clients must phone the clinic prior to coming in.
2020-03-18: Due to COVID 19, the Jasper Place Wellness Centre and Riverview Crossing outreach locations are TEMPORARILY CLOSED until further notice. Thank you.
The phone call will help determine whether or not a visit to the clinic is required in order to receive services. Some services can be provided over the phone.
If in the past 14 days, you have:
- a NEW fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath OR
- travelled outside Canada OR
- been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 OR
- had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has travelled anywhere outside of Canada
IF YES to any of the above, DO NOT come to clinic.
Go to ahs.ca/covid19 and complete the online self-assessment. Anyone who has symptoms, including cough, runny nose, fever or sore throat, must self-isolate for 14 days. Please do not visit a hospital, doctor's office, lab or health care facility without consulting Health Link (811).
Services offered include:
Counselling, information and referrals as needed on contraception, unplanned pregnancies, pregnancy options, and safe sex practices.
- birth control pills
- birth control injections (Depo Provera shots)
- EVRA patch
- IUDs (intrauterine devices)
- emergency contraception (the Morning After Pill/Plan B or copper IUD)
Sexual health-related testing:
- pregnancy testing
- Pap testing
- STIs testing (sexually transmitted infections)
Clients are welcome to bring their partner or a friend for support.