Children between birth and 3½ years old are eligible if:
- They live In Central Zone boundaries
- The child has a developmental delay or disability OR the infant is premature or very low birth weight with an increased risk of developmental delays or disabilities
- EIP is the most appropriate service based on the needs of the family
- The child is not already receiving support or services through Alberta Education
Children between 3½ and 6 years are elgibile if:
- They live within Central Zone boundaries
- they have a development delay or disability
- The family is new to the community
- The child has a newly identified developmental delay or disability
- The family lives in a community that does not have services for the child to transition to for additional programming.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
Parents can self-refer. Healthcare providers, community agencies, pediatric rehabilitation services, doctors, and public health nurses can also refer.