CONNECT - Community Support Team
Provides support for people with developmental disabilities and mental illness.
Offers support to clients with developmental disabilities and mental illness, their caregivers, and service providers. The community support team is a partnership between Alberta Health Services and the Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) Program.
- education and awareness
- supporting service providers during times of crisis
- supporting clients as they move from the hospital to the community
- making strategies to avoid the need for a critical response
- planning, testing, and doing interventions
- helping clients access the services they need
- building relationships between families, services, and service providers
- promoting a culture of understanding and change
Service Providers May Include
behavioural consultants, occupational therapists (OTs), registered nurses (RNs)
People with developmental disabilities (PDD) and may be a risk to themselves, others, or property, and have a history of:
- mental health and/or medical problems
- loss of services due to challenging behaviours
- special treatment for psychiatric and/or behavioural problems
- jail or trouble with the criminal justice system
- substance use or dependency
PDD (Persons with Developmental Disabilities) coordinators have referral packages.