For older adults living in the vicinity of Carewest Sarcee or Carewest Beddington:
- have chronic, complex medical problems that may become unstable
- have many visits to emergency departments or hospital units
- need more support to stay living in the community
- may present with signs and symptoms of cognitive impairment but their behavior will not interfere with their ability to interact with other clients
- family requires support to continue in caring for their relative
All admissions are through Community Care Access.
A referral is required through Homecare. Once your referral is reviewed, you will be contacted to set up a provisional trial with transportation provided to and from the program. Home Care continues during this time. After this 2 week trial, you are admitted to the program or referred to another program that will be appropriate for your needs.
You have to pay a small monthly fee, which covers all costs except for the Alberta Blue Cross part of your medicines.
Fees will be reduced or waived based on client's annual income. No one will be denied access based on inability to pay.