Provides in-home nursing care and dietitian care for women with high-risk pregnancies who are referred by a Physician.
Cares for women with medically stable high-risk pregnancies in their home. Services include:
- daily assessment of women in their homes or over the telephone
- fetal monitoring (non-stress tests) as ordered by the caregiver
- teaching about pregnancy, health concerns, and self-monitoring
- referrals to resources as needed
- connection with an emergency response system if needed
- communication with the referring health care provider
This service provides in home care for patients who might otherwise be cared for in hospital. Women are still cared for by their own obstetrician, or family physician, or midwife (with OB consult).