Back to search

Programs & Services

Type B Continuing Care Home

Offers private, personal living space and personal care for adults and seniors.

Provides accommodation and supports 24 / 7 for individuals who require assistance with their healthcare needs. Residents will have an assigned Home Care Case Manger (RN) to coordinate service. LPN and Health Care Aides are on-site 24-hours a day to provide support, personal care, and medication assistance.

Services may include:

  • personal care
  • meals and housekeeping
  • linen and laundry service
  • recreation programs
  • 24-hour safety and emergency response services

Healthcare services are provided by Home Care on a scheduled basis.

Visit the Alberta Health Services Continuing Care website for more information.

Contact Details

Prairie Lake Seniors Community

11460 104 Avenue
Grande Prairie, Alberta
T8V 3G9
1-855-371-4122 (Continuing Care Access)
1-855-776-3805 (Continuing Care Access)
Hours of Operation
Days of the Week

8:15 am - 8:00 pm

8:15 am - 8:00 pm

8:15 am - 8:00 pm

8:15 am - 8:00 pm

8:15 am - 8:00 pm

8:15 am - 4:30 pm

8:15 am - 4:30 pm


The Continuing Care Access team has a 24/7 voicemail option.

Statutory Holidays 8:15 am to 4:30 pm.

Service Providers May Include
health care aides, licensed practical nurses (LPNs), physical therapists (PTs), registered nurses (RNs), social workers

Clients are assessed during the intake process to ensure placement in the most appropriate residential care setting available.

Referral Needed

The Centralized Placement Team receives referrals from Home Care for clients who require access to a designated living option to support their healthcare needs. The team provides supports to clients and their family through the transition to a continuing care living option.

To access a designated living option a referral is made through the North Zone CCA team. A Home Care Case Manager will contact the client to review their healthcare needs.

Wait Times

The wait time depends on space availability at a preferred site.


Continuing care and supportive living centres have fees called accommodation charges. If the person is waiting in an Acute Care hospital, they are also requied to pay accommodation charges. There may be other fees for services such as telephone, laundry etc. In Designated Supportive Living Level 4, residents may need to provide their own furniture, health supplies (e.g., incontinence and diabetic supplies), and medications.

Fee reduction may be available. If you qualify as low-income, you can apply for help with accommodation charges.

Service Languages
Interpreter/Translation services
Service Locations
Also Known As
Continuing Care Placement Office
Continuing Care Services, Transition Services