To access the program, people must:
- be living in the community and are being discharged from a facility
- not have any other regular social outings
- have a family doctor in the community
- want to take part in the program
- be able to work in a group
- not need more than moderate help with personal care needs at the program
- still need physical and occupational therapy if going to the program for these services
People can self refer or have a family member, caregiver, doctor, or other healthcare provider refer them. Referrals are made to Community Care Access and people are put on a wait list.
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
People have to pay $10.00 per day and their own transportation costs.
If you are unable to pay, talk to a program healthcare provider.