Offers support with social programs such as Alberta seniors benefits, federal benefits, support with understanding and developing personal directives, navigation through the health care system and support through the care journey of seniors in care settings.
Helps people in all areas of health care, their families, and caregivers by providing:
- short-term counselling to help manage change
- grief counselling
- in home visits
- referrals to other specialized services or resources
- support groups for caregivers (in some areas)
- information on housing options, advance care planning, and end-of-life planning
- referrals to other healthcare providers and agencies, as needed
- cognitive assessments
Service is offered in people's homes, at lodges, hospitals, continuing care centres and supportive living residences.