Back to search

Programs & Services

Speech and Language Services

Speech-Language Pathologists help people of all ages and their families with communication, eating, feeding, and swallowing difficulties, so they can participate in activities that are important to them. Services are for people with developmental and / or medical conditions.

Services are for people who need help and may include:

  • pronouncing speech sounds
  • understanding and using spoken language
  • using gestures, pictures, communication boards or speech devices to communicate
  • rehabilitating reading and writing after an illness or injury
  • speaking smoothly and easily (fluency, stuttering)
  • improving voice quality
  • eating, feeding and swallowing
  • consultation, follow-up and referral to other community services

Service Providers May Include
speech-language pathologists (SLPs), speech-language therapy assistants (SLPAs), therapy assistants (TAs)

Please contact the site to discuss eligibility requirements.

Service Access

Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.


  • Inpatient programs require a referral from a regulated healthcare professional.
  • Outpatient programs can be referred to by self, parent, caregiver, physicians, public health, homecare, and rehabilitation staff.

Service Locations
Also Known As
Speech Language Pathology, Speech Therapy