The staff in Surgical Inpatients and Trauma Services strive to provide exemplary care to every patient they serve. They integrate quality, safety and best practice into day-to-day care. Surgical Inpatients and Trauma Services explores, pilots and implements new staffing models to best reflect the care needs of their patients and clients. Staff is provided with the support and resources to provide optimal care. Staff respect and value the diversity of their patients and co-workers.
Surgical Inpatients and Trauma Services is responsible for:
- Ten surgical inpatient units (General, Vascular, Gynecology, Plastics, Burns, ENT, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Urology, Podiatry, Oral Maxillary) with over 300 beds.
- Trauma Program – serving Calgary and Southern Alberta with tertiary Adult and Pediatric Services.
- Preadmission Clinics (three adult sites).
- Day Surgery (four locations).
- Outpatient Clinics – General Surgery, Vascular, Plastics, ENT, Ophthalmology.
- Dental Clinics – two hospital-based and three community-based.
- Contracted Pediatric Anaesthesia Dentistry.
- Advanced Wound Care – teams of specialized nurses at each adult hospital.
- State-of-the-Art Burns Unit – created with the support of the CalgaryFirefighters’ Burn Treatment Society.
- Four bed Vascular Step-Down Unit and High Observation General Surgery Unit.
Surgical Inpatients and Trauma Services offers employment to approximately 1500 employees and provides care to 18,500 inpatients and sees 117,000 outpatients in Clinics and Day Surgery, annually.
Surgical Inpatients and Trauma Services is engaged and participating in the development of the following:
- Surgical assessment and optimization redesign.
- Surgical Inpatient, Day Surgery and Outpatient Services at Calgary’s new South Campus.
- Day Surgery at Foothills Hospital West Tower.
- Day Surgery at Richmond Road Diagnostic and Treatment Centre.
- A new surgical unit at the Rockyview General Hospital supporting Head and Neck Oncology, including a six bed step-down unit.
- Surgical Inpatient/Outpatient Nursing
- CHR Careers