For more detailed information on the Calgary Cancer Centre including videos, regular updates, news, time-lapse and photos please visit: Together4Health.
- With an investment of $1.4 billion, the Calgary Cancer Centre is the largest government infrastructure project in the province.
- The project remains on time and on budget. Construction will be complete in 2022 and it is anticipated that this facility will open to the public in 2023.
- The new Calgary Cancer Centre will engage patients at the centre of a multidisciplinary health system, enabling access to comprehensive cancer care services in a world-class facility.
- In fact, the extensive scope and integration of cancer care services at the CCC will make it one of the most comprehensive cancer centres in the world.
- Integrated research across the spectrum will further optimize care with focus on prevention, early detection, precision medicine and psychosocial care.
- Operationally, the Calgary Cancer Centre will include both inpatient and outpatient services. Services are based on clinical priorities as identified by AHS and include:
- more than 100 patient exam rooms;
- 160 inpatient unit beds;
- more than 100 chemotherapy chairs;
- increased space for clinical trials;
- 12 radiation vaults, with three more shelled in for future growth;
- new on-site underground parking with 1,650 stalls.
- outpatient cancer clinics; clinical and operational support services and research laboratories
- Project construction: Late 2017 - 2023
- Detailed Design: Mid 2017 – Early 2020
- Operational Readiness: Early 2020 - 2023
- Building commissioning AHS: 2022-2023
- Public opening (anticipated): 2023
- Alberta Health Services & Alberta Infrastructure