For a description of what this service offers, access information, a list of locations where this service is offered and contact information, visit Orthopedic Services - Inpatients.
For disease and injury information visit MyHealth.Alberta.ca, Alberta's trusted source for health information.
The orthopaedic trauma program has a limited number of printed educational resources available for the public, as listed below.
- Aclasta For My Bones
- Air Cast (Walker Brace)
- Calgary Fall Prevention Clinic
- Caring for a Cast
- Dressing and Suture or Staple Care
- Exercises for Bone Health Handbook
- Hip Fracture Repair Using Screws or Nails
- Hip Fracture Repair with Hip Replacement (Hemiarthroplasty)
- How to Use a Cane
- How to Use Crutches
- How to Use a Walker
- Intravenous Bisphosphonate Therapy
- Maintain Your Independence: Keep Healthy Bones for Life
- Managing after a Foot or Ankle Fracture
- Managing Your Broken Leg
- Nutrition and Bone Health
- Osteoporosis (from Osteoporosis Canada website)
- Range of Motion Exercises
- Reduction of a Dislocated Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Services for Healthy Aging
- Shoulder Immobilizer: Application and Care
- Smoking and Bone Health
- Stages of Bone Healing
- Surgical Repair of a Broken Ankle
- Surgical Repair of a Broken Heel (Calcaneus)
- Tendon or Nerve Repair
- Using Heat and Cold
- Walk...for the Health of it!
- Welcome to the Osteoporosis Centre