Who answers your call?
An Information Specialist will take your call; a pharmacist or nurse who specializes in medications, both prescription and herbal.
The Information Specialist will provide you with the most up-to-date information to ensure your safety.
Hours of Service
Medication and Herbal Preparation Advice Line (MAHPAL) will be available from 1700 to 0900 seven days per week. Outside of these hours callers will need to contact their pharmacist, family physician or specialist physician for advice.
We provide information about:
- Prescription medications
- Over the counter medications
- Vitamins and supplements
- Birth control pills
- Herbal cleanses
- When you want to receive unbiased information
- When you want to validate information you have read or heard
- When you are not able to get in touch with your doctor
- When you are interested in learning about alternate treatment options
We provide advice about:
- Side effects or drug interactions of medications
- Using medications and herbal supplements while pregnant or breast feeding
- Herbal supplement safety
Frequently Asked Questions about: