Testing / Online Booking



If you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case who had recently returned from international travel, you may be recommended by public health to complete a COVID-19 test. To book this test, please click on COVID-19 Testing/Online Booking below or call Health Link at 811.

If the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) contacts and asks you to book a COVID-19 test, please call Health Link at 811.

Change or Cancel Your COVID-19 Test Appointment

If you have already booked a COVID-19 test using the online tool and would like to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please visit AHS.ca/mybooking. For cancelling a COVID-19 immunization appointment visit here.

COVID-19 Testing / Online Booking

For Albertans

Free testing from AHS is available for:

  • Albertans with symptoms of COVID-19;
  • Albertans who receive a positive result from a rapid COVID-19 Point of Care Test, through workplace, school or community asymptomatic screening;
  • Close contacts of a positive case who have been notified by AHS to get a test.

Anyone who has symptoms is legally required to isolate and should be tested for COVID-19.

If you do not have symptoms and do not fall into the above list, you are not eligible for COVID-19 testing from AHS.

Private testing is available, for a fee, for testing related to:

  • Travel
  • Accessing businesses or events participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program

If you require COVID-19 testing outside of the public testing program, a variety of fee-for-service options are available through the private sector, including DynaLIFE Medical Labs, Numi Health, Equity Health Services and some pharmacies.

Learn more about symptoms in adults, children and everyone.

COVID-19 Testing / Online Booking

For Healthcare Workers and Workers in Specific High Risk Settings

Albertans in the settings listed here should use the button above to determine if they need to book a test.

  • Healthcare workers
  • School teachers and/or school staff
  • Group home, disability support and shelter workers;
  • Correctional facility staff in provincial / federal facilities
  • Individuals who provide services in a clinical care setting including hospitals, clinics, pharmacies
  • Meat packing plant workers
  • Industrial work camp staff (the person resides in a congregate living environment as part of their work).

Fit for Work Assessment for Healthcare Workers

Complete the Online Questionnaire.