International Applicants

Applying as an International Applicant

Alberta Health Services (AHS) welcomes international health care professionals to apply.

Live, work, and play in our scenic province that offers one of the lowest costs of living in Canada and the most sunshine per year! Learn more about the outstanding places you might choose to call home as you discover our AHS Communities.

On this page, you will find links and information about the steps needed to work in Alberta, Canada. You will also find information about what certification requirements you need to work in a clinical practice.

Are you interested in working as a Registered Nurse in Alberta?

Join Our Nursing Talent Network

Recruitment Fraud Warning

Please be aware that AHS never requests fees, endorses training through third-parties or directly hires applicants without a screening process. These are not AHS job offers and are fraudulent. AHS emails always end in “,, or”.

Learn More

Why Choose Alberta Health Services?


Join an award-winning workplace that has been recognized as a top employer since 2017.


Get access to comprehensive benefits to support your health and well-being at work and at play.


AHS is the largest provincial health body in Canada, operating in one of the most affordable provinces.


Alberta boasts expansive natural beauty so you can find activity and wonder at your doorstep.

Immigrating/Relocating to Canada

Citizenship and Immigration Canada provides information regarding working and living in Canada, including how to apply to be eligible to work in Canada, as well as, becoming a permanent resident of Canada. To start your search, visit the Citizenship and Immigration website under Immigrate to Canada.

For more information, check out the Government of Alberta's Opportunity Alberta page.

Relocating to Canada

Alberta Professional License

If you are a healthcare professional wanting to work in our province, you need to be licensed or registered with the Alberta regulatory college or licensing body for your profession.

A complete list of colleges and associations is available from Alberta Health.

Alberta Professional License

International Medical Graduates

AHS provides alternative job opportunities, as Clinical Assistants, for International Medical Graduates (IMGs) who are not able to obtain independent licensure and/or are unable to obtain a residency position.

Learn more about working as a Clinical Assistant.

International Medical Graduates

International Footer

Employment Opportunities

To apply for vacant positions, create your AHS career profile through our online job board, and review our reference guide for more information.