Provides immunizations for adults at community / public health centres across Alberta.
This service provides routine immunization for adults. Suggested immunizations:
- a booster dose of tetanus / diphtheria vaccine every 10 years
- an adult booster dose of pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine, combined with one of the tetanus / diphtheria boosters (dTap)
- dTap vaccine for pregnant women every time they are pregnant
- Hepatitis B vaccine for unprotected adults born in 1981 or later. Some adults born before 1981 may need this vaccine if they are at risk for hepatitis B (e.g. health problems, type of work, lifestyle, contact with the virus)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) vaccine for adults whose immunization records do not show the recommended number of doses of measles, mumps, or rubella vaccine.
- Chickenpox vaccine for unprotected adults
- annual influenza vaccine for all Albertans 6 months of age and older
- pneumococcal vaccine for all adults 65 years of age and older and adults with certain health problems
To find out which vaccines are recommended for you and to book an appointment for immunization, call your nearest community / public health centre. If you are not sure where your nearest community / public health centre is, you can call Health Link at 811. Bring any immunization records you have to the appointment, especially if you were immunized in another province or country.
For more general information about immunization go to ImmunizeAlberta.ca, Immunizations at myhealth.alberta.ca, or call Health Link.