Concurrent Disorders (CD) Learning Series
The Concurrent Disorder Learning Series is a comprehensive inventory of academic videos from provincial, national, and international subject matter/clinical experts. The Series is designed to support the clinical development of AMH’s diverse workforce in responding to the needs of individuals experiencing concurrent disorders.
Each academic video within the playlist is considered a Section 2 – Self-Learning Scanning Activity. Learners can claim 0.5 CME study credits per each video viewed.
Learners are encouraged to develop a personal learning project (PLP). The number of hours you spend on your personal learning project should include the time spent in preparing for the learning activity, as well as your post-learning reflection time. Credits are claimed at a rate of 2.0 credits/ hour.
Non-physicians can email email@example.com during the summer months (July/August) citing their total number of credits to obtain an annual Certificate of Participation. Physicians can claim directly through the Royal College Mainport ePortfolio.
Please complete the following short survey, CDSeriesSatisfactionSurvey, after viewing your selected video(s). Your feedback is of great value, as we continue to plan future recordings, to meet educational needs.
Concurrent Disorders (CD) Learning Series Playlist
- New Episodes - Featuring various, recently recorded Addiction & Mental Health topics.
- International/National Subject Matter Experts - Featuring various Addiction & Mental Health topics.
- Special Populations – Featuring presentations on Child/Adolescent, Indigenous, Chronic Pain and Corrections/Forensic.
- Understanding Addiction – Featuring presentations on Substance and Behavioural topics.
- Understanding Concurrent Disorders – Featuring presentations on Psychiatric Disorders, Concurrent Addiction and Psychiatric Disorders, and Concurrent Opioid Addiction and Chronic Pain and/or Medical Disorders.
- Therapeutic Relationship - Featuring presentations on Welcoming and Engaging, Cultural Competence and Trauma Informed Care.
- Crisis Intervention – Featuring presentations on Suicide Prevention: An Alberta Primer – 2016, Suicide Prevention APP: , Provincial Suicide Risk Policy Update, Disempowerment in Trauma & Suicidality, Fentanyl Awareness.
- Screening - Featuring presentations on screening Domestic Violence Part I, Domestic Violence Part II, and Pre-Natal Depression.
- Assessment – Featuring presentations on Comprehensive Assessment: Every Interaction is an Intervention, Addiction & Mental Health Assessment, Focus on DSM5 Part I, Focus on DSM5 Part II, Focus on DSM5 Part III, Focus on DSM5 Part IV, Focus on DSM 5.
- Integrated Treatment Planning - Featuring presentations on Recovery Oriented topics.
- Counselling - Featuring presentations on , Trauma Informed/Specific, Brief Intervention/FRAMES, Motivational Interviewing, CBT and DBT.
- Group Therapy - Featuring presentations on Group Therapy.
- Family/Couples/Social Supports - Featuring presentations on Community/Social Supports.
- Medications/Pharmacotherapy - Featuring presentations on Addiction, Medicinal Marijuana, Alcohol, Opioid Dependence, Concurrent and Chronic Pain/ODP Taper.
- Opioid Replacement Therapy – Featuring presentations on Opioid Addiction and Treatment
- Harm Reduction - Featuring presentations on harm reduction initiatives across the AMH Care Continuum.
- Case Management - Featuring presentations on Tier1/Level of Care 0.5, Tier 2/Level of Care I, Tier 3/ Level of Care II, Tier 4/Level of Care III/IV and Tier 5/Level of Care IV.
- Record Keeping/Documentation - Featuring presentations on Comprehensive Risk Assessment Forms.
- Prevention/Health Promotion - Featuring presentations on Neuroplasticity/ACE/FASD, Alcohol Pathway and Alternative Therapy.
- Outreach - Featuring presentations on Mental Health Act, Community Treatment Orders and Community Services/Housing Initiatives.
- Program Development/Implementation/Evaluation - Featuring presentations on Accreditation/HQI/AIM.