For more information view Oral Health - Preventative Dental Services
Preschool Fluoride Varnish Program (0-3):
- Dental screenings, referrals and fluoride varnish applications for eligible children 12 - 35 months of age. More information on eligibility.
- Fluoride varnish is painted on your child’s teeth. Fluoride varnish is a quick, safe and effective way to help prevent cavities. Fluoride varnish strengthens tooth enamel and takes only a minute to apply. For more information on fluoride please contact your dental professional.
- Educate and provide parents/caregivers with key oral health information.
- Parent counseling discussions may also be included to reduce risk factors for early childhood cavities.
Community Health Nurses at Well-Child Clinics (vaccination clinics) provide oral health information and referrals to clients.
Alberta Child Health Benefit:
- Dental benefits may be available for your children.
- Qualification based on income and family size. More information
Email questions and comments to: