Online Continuing Professional Development for Clinicians
About our Courses
- Current issues in child and adolescent mental health
- Intended for professionals in Alberta working with children and adolescents in the area of addictions and mental health
- Expert presenters from psychiatry, pediatrics, family medicine, pharmacy, psychology, social work, nursing
- Web-based, online courses; VoiceThread presentations (presenter-narrated slides) with discussion board
- Each course is open online for one month
- Free for Alberta professionals
- Courses available at any time, wherever you have access to a computer with sound capability and Internet
- To increase the skills and confidence of primary care practitioners to more effectively address the mental health needs of their young patients; and
- To promote linkages among physicians and allied mental health clinicians treating children’s mental health problems.
- This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the University of Calgary Office of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development. Participants can claim up to a maximum of 34 study credits.
- Physicians, claiming your credits: Visit MAINPORT to record your learning and outcomes.
- This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of The College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the University of Calgary Office of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development for up to 34 Mainpro+ credits.
- Accredited for Alberta Social Workers up to 34 Category A continuing competence credits
- Variable credits per course awarded by Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Past courses are available for viewing
- Archived courses do not have an interactive discussion board or other group learning component and are considered self-learning
- Physicians can self-accredit the time spent on the archived sessions as follows:
- Royal College fellows can self-accredit these sessions under Section 2 – self-learning
- either as a scanning activity 0.5 credits / video, or
- as a personal learning project. 2.0 credits / hour spent on the time reviewing the video and doing the personal learning project
- College of Family Physician of Canada members can gain credits through self-learning by:
- Social workers: Archived courses are accredited/certified for 1 credit-hour
- Register for archived courses by completing the archived registration form on this page or contact the CPD Registrar at 403-955-4642 or email@example.com for more information
Learn how easy D2L is to use
General inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-955-8446