HSEE is a full-service operation and can assist with projects of any scope. We can accommodate short- and long-term projects and system-level initiatives. To request a consultation for evaluation support, complete the following form Request for Consultation Health Systems Evaluation and Evidence.
Our team members will work collaboratively with you by:
Partnering on research and evaluation studies
- Providing evidence that supports the design of new initiatives and innovations.
- Help in refining the goals and objectives of your initiative (as required) and determining the feasibility and readiness for research or evaluation.
- Designing sound research/evaluation questions and methodology. Creating feasible plans that match available resources.
- Determining key performance indicators and targets.
- Sourcing existing secondary data and determining the need for collecting primary data.
- Executing literature searches, syntheses, and rapid reviews.
- Collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Managing transcriptions.
- Cleaning datasets.
- Constructing and managing databases and dashboards.
- Creating data dictionaries and coding manuals.
- Facilitating data collection including telephone, webmail, scanned paper-based (i.e., Teleform), or in-person surveys.
- Designing and pretesting questionnaires.
- Identifying appropriate and cost effective methods.
- Short-term loans for iPads. To borrow an iPad, complete the following form iPad Loan Request.
Disseminating results customized to meet your needs and your targeted audiences
- Report writing, slide decks, posters.
- Presentations, webinars.
- Peer-reviewed and non-peer-reviewed publications.
Building research and evaluation capacity
- Mentoring other research and evaluation practitioners.
- Providing ethics support for projects not requiring a REB review.
- Precepting student and volunteer work experience and practicums.
HSEE services are available to all AHS portfolios and other healthcare-related operations in Alberta. We also collaborate with partners from across Canada. Some of our work is funded by a business model of shared service and cost recovery at reasonable rates. Other work is grant-funded.