The Calgary Brain Injury Program (CBIP) receives referrals from services across the continuum, including:
- Emergency Department discharges
- Urgent Care
- Health Link
- Family Physicians
- Acute Care Units
- Rehabilitation Units
- Outpatients Rehabilitation Programs
- Community Agencies
To refer a patient to an outpatient rehabilitation service funded through AHS, access our referral process via the Alberta Referral Directory.
Referring a Patient
If you have a patient that requires outpatient brain injury rehabilitation services, access our referral process via the Alberta Referral Directory. We accept referrals from acute care centres and community care providers.
The Calgary Brain Injury Program connects patient with the following services:
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Clinic - physiatry appointment for patients with symptoms of brain injury
- Association for Rehabilitation of Brain Injury (ARBI) - Slow stream rehabilitation for the severely brain injured (Alberta Health Services contract)
- Concussion / mild traumatic brain injury: Group Education Session - Calgary Brain Injury Program provides general information about concussion and guidelines of self-management for recovery in a group setting at the Foothills Medical Centre