To improve addiction and mental health outcomes for Albertans along identified research priority themes, by generating evidence and expediting its transfer into mental health promotion, prevention of addiction and mental illness, and innovative service delivery
The Alberta Addiction & Mental Health Research Partnership Program
The Alberta Addiction & Mental Health Research Partnership Program is committed to improving addiction and mental health outcomes for Albertans. This will be done by increasing the capacity for addiction and mental health service and population health research to find innovative solutions that make a difference now and for future generations.
Hope on the Horizon: A Brighter Future for Addiction & Mental Health
Through the implementation of the Alberta Addiction & Mental Health Research Partnership Program, we envision a future where:
- More Albertans with addiction or mental illness lead productive lives, actively managing their health condition on an out-patient basis, like those living with diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic conditions.
- Healthy public policies exist in schools, workplaces and other social systems which support resilience and reduce both the occurrence of poor mental health or addiction and the exacerbation of mental illness and addiction problems.
- Addiction and mental health care systems have evolved to provide access to effective services for all Albertans, regardless of their geography or social circumstances.
- The damaging effects of issues such as family violence, drug use, emotional and learning disabilities are reduced in youth, protecting our future generations.
- The addiction and mental health workforce fully integrates research-based knowledge into individual practice and health services management.
- Mental illness and addiction and potential for recovery are better understood by the public, significantly reducing discrimination and the effects of stigma.
The Alberta Addiction & Mental Health Research Partnership Program provides the means to help build a brighter future for Albertans.