Patient and Family Centred Care Week empowers individuals, teams, sites and zones to celebrate our partnerships with patients, clients, residents and their families.
Patient and Family Centred Care culture is guided by the following principles:
- Respect for patient preferences and practicing care in a way that preserves dignity
- Sharing information in a way that is understandable and useful for patients and family
- Valuing and encouraging the participation of patients and families as essential members of the care team
- Ensuring collaboration with patients and family as active partners in designing and evaluating care services
Everyone is encouraged to use the resources provided on this page to advance PFCC through:
- Raising awareness about the PFCC principles across AHS and with those we serve
- Acknowledging patient, family, staff and physician champions of PFCC
- Building capacity within individuals and teams to integrate PFCC principles in clinical practice
Provincial PFCC Resources to help you with your PFCC Week events and celebrations
- Hands on/Hands Off: Dr. Martina Kelly will speak about her journey as a family physician and how touch can create meaningful connections with patients in our care.
- Preventing the Preventable: Exploring how PFCC helps us prevent and respond to harassment and violence.
- Spread the message of PFCC by posting these 5 PFCC Posters in your service area
- Watch amazing patient experience videos by AHS Patient Advisors on the AHS Digital Stories playlist
Email email@example.com with questions or for suggestions in celebrating PFCC in your area