About our Courses
- Web-based, online courses
- Intended for professionals in Alberta working with children and adolescents in the area of addictions and mental health
- Free for Alberta professionals
- Current issues in child and adolescent mental health
- Expert presenters from family medicine, nursing, pediatrics, pharmacy, psychiatry, psychology, social work
- Each course is open online for one month
- Courses available anytime and anywhere you have access to a computer with sound capability and the internet
- Voice narration on one or more VoiceThread presentation
- Text-based discussion among registrants and presenters
- Web-based evaluation of the course included
- To increase the skills and confidence of primary care practitioners to more effectively address the mental health needs of their young patients; and
- To promote linkages among physicians and allied mental health clinicians treating children’s mental health problems.
- Meets accreditation criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Accredited for up to 34 MAINPRO-M1 study credits
- An Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Accredited for Alberta Social Workers up to 34 Category A continuing competence credits
- Variable credits per course awarded by Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Reviewed and co-sponsored by the University of Calgary Office of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development
- Past courses are available for viewing
- Archives for 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 have been accredited for 1 credit-hour.
- Register for archived courses by filling out the archived registration form or contact the CPD Registrar at 403-955-4642 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.